New Home Warranty Information
Tarion Warranty Corporation
A Homeowner Information Package from Tarion is provided as part of your Pre-Delivery Package. Hetti Homes is committed to meeting or exceeding both the industry standards and the Tarion standards found in their Construction Performance Guidelines. This document is available on their website. The Tarion Warranty Corporation backs your One-Year and Two-Year Builder’s Warranties. In addition, Tarion Warranty Corporation covers major structural defects under their seven-year warranty.
If you have any questions about warranty issues, we invite you to contact our Customer Care specialists first.
One Year Warranty
Hetti Homes warrants for one year that your new home is:
- Constructed in a workman like manner and free from defects in material;
- Fit for habitation; Constructed in accordance with the Ontario Building Code;
- and Free of major structural defects.
Two Year Warranty
Hetti Homes warrants your home for two years against the following:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls;
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope;
- Defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems;
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding)
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home); and Major structural defects.
Seven Year Warranty
Your home’s seven year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date.
What is not covered?
The following conditions and/or items are not covered by the Builder’s Warranty:
- Damage resulting from improper maintenance, such as dampness or condensation caused by the homeowner’s failure to maintain proper ventilation levels or improper operation of a humidifier, hot tub or any other moisture-producing device.
- Alterations, deletions or additions made by the homeowner (such as changes to the direction of the grading or the slope of the ground away from the house).
- Defects in materials, design and work supplied or installed by the homeowner/purchaser.
- Secondary damage caused by defects under warranty. While the defects themselves are covered, the personal or property damage they cause is not. However, your homeowner insurance may cover secondary damage.
- Normal wear and tear, such as scuffs and scratches to floor and wall surfaces caused by homeowners moving, decorating, and/or day-to-day use of the home.
- Normal shrinkage of materials that dry out after construction (such as nail “pops” or minor concrete cracking).
- Settling soil around the house or along utility lines.
- Damage from floods, “acts of God”, wars, riots, or vandalism.
- Damage from insects or rodents, unless it is the result of construction that does not meet the Ontario Building Code.
- Damage caused by municipal services or other utilities.
- Surface defects in work and materials noted and accepted in writing by the homeowner at the time of possession.
- Damage caused by the homeowner or visitors.
Single Luxury Builds
68 Belgrave Ave, North York, ON
276 Yonge Blvd, North York, ON
276 Yonge Blvd, North York, ON
Choose A Hetti Home
Customer Care Services
Copyright 2015 – Hetti Group Inc. – All Rights Reserved